Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT binaries and CPU specific versions

2011/7/17 Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr>:
> Alan Hourihane wrote:
>>
>> I'd like to be able to just do....
>>
>> make ARCH=68030
>>
>> and the entire tree that pops out are for 68030's.
>>
>> So ARCH would be 68000, 68020, 68030, 68040, 68060, and coldfire.
>>
>> That way there will be binary archives for each ARCH automatically.
>>
>> We really just need to remove trying to build all ARCH's in one go.
>
> Can I start working on the FreeMiNT makefiles towards this goal ?
>
> --
> Vincent Rivière

an adapted use of build folders as done by XaAES would be a good place
to start, as it already uses 000, 030, 040, 060

unlike XaAES, FreeMiNT kernal requries custom sub builds for certain
CPU's, ie a 040 build requires plain (falcon based), aranym and milan
builds

the same is needed for 060 with CT6x, hades and milan

if a "make all" output to specific folders, then uploading on archive
as daily build would not be a problem

As long as the required sub builds are taken into account, then what
has been discussed in this thread should be a positive thing

a note on sub builds of drivers, not all are used (or can be used) by
different platforms, ie aranym uses 2 specific file system drivers
(plus the basic ones), and a subset of the devices (will crash if they
are present)

this should be no problem with the use of scripts that take the above
info into account, especially if a "make ARCH=060" or "make
PLATFORM=aranym" gets you one distinct folder containing the correct
binaries and sub folders (same names as other distinct folder builds)

-------------------------------

ozk builds: you have to remember that ozk was doing repeated test
builds for a milan and hades with 2 different video cards and a TT030
with mono (maybe a falcon as well). the different builds usually
reflect different video changing tests for different machines
configurations, but there are a few other "special" bits of code he
was also testing (non XaAES).

because his changes have not been absorbed yet, these builds are kind
or irrelevant now/atm

Cheers

Paul