Re: [MiNT] Install script

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 11:46 PM, Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 14:24:46 , Paul Wratt <paul.wratt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The drivers bit is unfinished. As I said, my plan was to look at the currently
> installed files and move the new ones into the install folder in /tmp.
> Replicating the existing set-up.

I kind of figured that, and are in the middle of creating the pieces
for correct driver install as well (based on what your script is
already doing)

> Thanks, the Milan returns 0x5F4D4348 (_MCH): 0x00040000 so with that
> and the CPU I can work out which bits to install. So the script only
> needs the archive file name as a param now.

Ok, but to specify an arch would be useful for some people to, so it
is still useful as an option. The script mentioned above does a check
against _MCH to verify the passed build option ("Confrimed ARAnYM" or
"Building for ARAnyM" instead of the current "Machine CPU" bit)

I notice (after looking throught toshyp) that there are a couple of
other cookies that can be checked to validate _MCH & _CPU, like "hade"
"_MIL" "CT60" .. there are some other ones if the script is extended
to include non kernel stuff too

btw I made the drivers install an option, as mostly it is just
mint.prg & xaaes.km that change.

as a few people use *nix/cygwin to add files to there mint machine,
the combination of the above options makes more sense (script can then
run on non-mint as well)

> This script was just for updating people existing installation from
> the daily build files. It could grow though.
>
> One thing I have noticed is that the Milan uses the same kernel no matter
> what CPU it has while the other 040 and 060 machines get their own cpu build.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter

that may be because of the way it is built, being 060 safe, you would
have to look at the make file to know exactly (I have, but can not
remember the specifics atm)

I will post a script asap, have to reboot this machine first.. then
finish testing the script

Cheers

Paul