Re: [MiNT] current gradients hacks (1-18-cur)

Am 29.07.2011, 21:23 Uhr, schrieb Paul Wratt <paul.wratt@gmail.com>:

I was just reading henks AHCM text, says its used in XaAES, check the
functions it has, may help with freeing both initial GRD (for load new
GRD) and your piped GRD (preview and unload)

It's not a problem to free the gradients once they're not used (all windows closed etc.). But I have not looked very deeply into this.

depending on what you have already done, you could bind any
preview.grd to window/form named xa_preview (presuming you can still
use the original gradient sets), then preview app can generate
preview, or if code is lite, XaAES could generate it (maybe support
both?)

The IMHO biggest issue is communication between the gradient-generator and XaAES (assuming the generator does not have the gradient code but uses XaAES for display).

I thought to provide a temp. gradient in /shm that the generator could directly access, and later switch back to the standard one. But it's all in brainstorming-state, better wait a little. Anyway create_gradient would have to be called when any parameter was changed.

I'm currently waiting for the next daily build, so testing will be a while..

My latest changes are not yet on cvs.

--
Helmut Karlowski