Re: [MiNT] Network and USB problems with NetUSBee

Hello,

> >> You mean something like this which uses up all of the available cpu time
> >> - - All of it?  :-)
> >>

> > not all of it, and preferably user adjustable, but a percentage yes,
> > even a great percentage, something you could pair up with the cpu &
> > download (bug) speed of your particular machine. remember it is only
> > to make downloading stable on certain systems
>
> It won't work.

And (excuse the hard words) it is completely nonsense to lower systemspeed (or make
system busy) instead of checking out what's the real reason for this. It MUST be a bug,
because network works perfect (fast+stable) with 1-16-3 or with TOS060+StinG.

> I don't have a Falcon with the appropriate hardware so I can't test this,
> but a good start would be to find a reliable way to replicate the bug
> (maybe it already does), and then run a debug-kernel and see exactly where
> it fails.
>
> Jo Even

Yes, sure, but i need a little bit help with that, please. What's the best way?
- log to Linux-PC via nullmodem-cable?
- log internally into file?
It would be great if you could write a short manual how to set this up (or point me
to a "running debug kernel for dummies" website) ;-)

Thank you in advance,

Lars