[MiNT] Problems creating ext2 partitions with mke2fs (was: Language/keyboard selection and problems)

2011/7/28 Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:
> On Thu, 2011-07-28 at 11:53 +0200, Vincent Rivière wrote:
>> Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
>> > However, when I try to copy files to my ext2 partition using Thing, the
>> > Firebee crashes big-time.
>>
>> It's rock solid for me. No trouble.
>>
>> > I created this partition with Gparted on Linux, maybe I should try to
>> > initialize it with mke2fs instead?
>>
>> My 4 GB CompactFlash card is formatted with a classic PC partition table,
>> and the following partitions :
>>
>> - Primary partition 1: 509 MB, FAT16. Gets often corrupted when written
>> without FreeMiNT (with buggy FireTOS and EmuTOS drivers).
>>
>> - Primary partition 2: 3.5 GB, ext2. Accessed only from FreeMiNT, works
>> perfectly. Formatted on Linux with mke2fs with default options.
>
> Tried again. Two primary partitions, one 500Mb FAT16, one 3.5Gb ext2
> created with linux mke2fs.
>
> 1. MiNT e2fsck doesn't like this partition and complain about a bad
> superblock.
> 2. Write "large" (more than a couple of Mb) crashes my Firebee.
> 3. MiNT mke2fs doesn't want to init a partition on the Firebee. Maybe a
> XHDI issue.

About point number 3, I had always problems creating ext2 partitions
with mke2fs in my Falcon and Aranym. As a workaround I must create a
Minix partition first with minit and then I can make the ext2
partition with mke2fs.