Re: [MiNT] Fwd: gradients,FreeMiNT 1.18

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 08:57:44 +0200, Helmut Karlowski <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:

Helmut, I forgot to ask - are you working on this now or should I continue?

The texture/xtobj-config should be easy - hope to have finished this this WE. If you are faster go ahead.

It's not that urgent, if you are planning to do this anyway I'll spend my time on something else.

But the gradient-stuff I plan to do may come later.

I also had a look at the gradients. Creating a "grd"-file with something more appropriate than a C-compiler is easy, without breaking compatibility with the current object-files. The current possibility to load gradients during boot seems OK to me.

You should think about the interactive style-editor ;)

I have. But let me point out that this only covers gradients, not textures or widgets! I have no intentions to make a complete theme/style-editor, that would require a lot of work.

However, creating/editing gradients should be fairly easy, but to preview them there must be support from XaAES. The minimum is to be able to specify the gradient for a single object. Then it's possible to give an approximate preview of the windows and menus.

But right now I think I will finish my MiNT-loader. This will make my life easier when testing new releases on my Firebee.

Jo Even