Re: [MiNT] Fwd: gradients,FreeMiNT 1.18

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 09:45:14 +0200, Helmut Karlowski <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:

However, creating/editing gradients should be fairly easy, but to preview
them there must be support from XaAES. The minimum is to be able to
specify the gradient for a single object. Then it's possible to give an
approximate preview of the windows and menus.

Something like

ob_set_gradient( OBJECT *ob, struct xa_gradient *gradient );

That's one possibility. Another one is to do as I suggested a couple of days ago. Set a combination of flags in ob_flags to tell XaAES to treat ob_spec as a pointer to a gradient-structure where the first long of the struct contains the original ob_spec (so perhaps the indirect-flag should be set too). Then it would be possible to define gradient for every type of objects without having to add a system call.

Your suggestion is more elegant, but I don't think application developers should be encouraged to use this feature as it will break the concept of themes/skins.

Jo Even