Re: [MiNT] zview

Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> > FYI, both old and new version of zView behave exactly the same, the  =
>
> > desktop
> > (Teradesk) is killed right after the start of zView when MP on. So it'=
> s  =
>
> > not
> > getting worse, the bug is still there. And the fact the OS is killed=
>  is

The version of zView I sometimes use only gets killed at exit with MP
on. Nothing else happens.

> > not zView's fault, it's AV protocol design flaw, as discussed before.
>
> What's interesting here is to find out why the OS is killed. zView would=
>   =
>
> have to do something very wrong to cause such problems. If all it did wa=
> s  =
>
> to hand Teradesk a pointer to protected memory then Teradesk would be  =
>
> killed and that's it. Something else is happening here.

I agree. The OS should in no case be as vulnarable as MiNT currently is.

I guess XaAES would need its own malloc-lib (one pool for each client)
to avoid this "invalid MAGIC"-crap (and maybe improve performance). But
that's a long way to go, and before that there are surly some other
things that can be improved.

-Helmut