Re: [MiNT] zview

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 10:26:51 +0200, Helmut Karlowski <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:

True, but sometimes you find old bugs or poor code by implementing new things,
but the main priority is of course to make it rock-solid, and that's why
I think it's not very good that XaAES uses kmalloc/kfree for nearly every
little chunk of memory. I only may help to debug the hard way ;)

A big problem with MiNT and XaAES is that it's a lot of work to find out how things works. There is no document that explains the purpose of each source-file, how the build works, the design of the object-renderer, how messages are implemented, the internal proc/app-structs... I would love to contribute to XaAES and the kernel, but it's incredibly hard to understand how everything connects. If you understand this it's much easier to track down bugs or add features.

Another bug may lie in XaAES executing USERDEFS in user-mode, which is also complicated.

I like that. XaAES is pretty good at recovering from bugs in USERDEFs. As a programmer I find this very handy.

Jo Even