Re: [MiNT] Network tools

On Tue, 2012-01-17 at 19:53 +0000, Peter Slegg wrote:

> > No. The net-tools are in the FreeMiNT CVS, not SpareMiNT.
> >

> Have a look here:
>
> http://sparemint.org/sparemint/html/packages/freemint-net.html

These are the old tools from 1.15. Look here for the current versions
(although I don't think much - if anything - is changed):

http://sparemint.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/freemint/tools/net-tools/

> > > http://mobile.google.com/group/comp.sys.atari.st/tree/browse_frm/month/2005-10/7a15d6eced389464?rnum=71&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fcomp.sys.atari.st%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fmonth%2F2005-10%3F
> >
> > The situation is the same today. Still no driver for wifi-cards for
> > FreeMiNT.
> >

> and still no tools to support as you said way back. Something has to
> give somewhere.

Go ahead and add dummy functionality to ifconfig, but it won't get you
an inch closer to wifi support in MiNT ;) As long as there's no drivers
for wifi hardware there is no way to know *how* to extend ifconfig.

> Adam pointed out that the kernel would need changes too for 802.11

That would be the best solution, but I think that it can beimplemented
entirely in the driver if necessary. But I don't know enough about
802.11 to say this for sure.

Jo Even