Re: [MiNT] Sparemint base system

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 4:03 AM, m0n0 <ole@monochrom.net> wrote:

> Am Freitag, den 02.03.2012, 14:42 +0100 schrieb Paul Wratt
> <paul.wratt@gmail.com>:
>

>> you should be able to rebuild all in MISC from SRPMS and tar with a
>> "clean" fs - that last step might be easier done via ARAnyM and a
>> separate partition/drive/folder on the host
>

>> FYI - I remember that Kieth(?)and others (maybe Mark + Vincent)
>> discussed the fact that the latest RPM was unsuited to MiNT for
>> various reasons..
>

> It's only important if one would like to update the RPM package manager for
> MiNT. I'm happy with the current one. (However, I probably would be more
> happy
> if I would know how to add and maintain gentoo packages ;) )
>
> Greets,
I think Alan would confirm Gentoo is not too hard to update and
maintain packages, just involves a bit of reading, like here:
http://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/index.html

The main gentoo site has quite a few developer related links too
(wiki, forum, mailing list, repos, etc):
http:/www.gentoo.org/

the is also a new wiki started that goes hand in hand with the current wiki:
http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Main_Page

well its a start anyway..