Re: [MiNT] Building ColdFire versions of libraries

I'd like to be able to compile ColdFire binaries on my Falcon with GCC
(I have version 4.5.2). For this, I understand I need ColdFire
libraries. But how should build them? I'm not very good with that kind
of stuff.

Hello,

for compiling coldfire libraries, simply pass the correct machine flag to the compiler.
There are several possibilities, but I always do it this way:

-mcpu=5475

But for compiling coldfire executable, you must also take take of the link stage, just pass the correct machine flag to the compiler invoke AND the linker invoke:

gcc -mcpu=5475
ld -mcpu=5475

or, when using Makefiles:

LDFLAGS="-mcpu=5475"