Re: [MiNT] Official Atari console app terminal standard?

On Sun, 2012-09-30 at 00:54 +0200, Ole wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 30.09.2012, 00:40 +0200 schrieb Jo Even Skarstein
>  <joska@online.no>:
>
> > "I normally code with plain TOS in mind..."
>
>  1. This is the FreeMiNT list, so plain TOS isn't the lead-topic for
>  everything... :)

The question was if he could use VT52 and still expect the program to
work correctly under MiNT. The answer is definitely yes. MiNT is an
extension of TOS, and TOS use VT52.

>  2. I bet there is ncurses for PureC

That's possible. I haven't seen it though. If ncurses exists for
PureC/AHCC you could write ncurses program for MiNT with it. But have
you seen /etc/terminfo/ under TOS? ;)

So if you want to write terminal software for both TOS and MiNT, stick
to VT52 and it will work.

Jo Even