Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.18 release

On 04/12/2012 11:44, Alan Hourihane wrote:
1) On the ColdFire kernel, the FPU (and MAC) status is not backuped on
context switch. This means that currently, two programs using the FPU
at the same time would mess. This is probably easy to fix, but it has
to be done carefully.

O.k. I see that's one for Vincent :-)

No trouble, I will do that.
Should be easy.

2) There is a big bug in the MiNTLib about checking if a directory
exists or not. It may affect QED, tar... This needs to be closely
investigated. This is a major issue.

Is there a test case ? I'll put this on my plate.

Very good, Alan :-)

I don't remember exactly how I discovered that. I think that I had big trouble with my latest build of tar (system files deleted, etc), and I digged a bit. Finally I arrived to something like . and .. directory emulation inside the MiNTLib, and there was something wrong. The code was quite complicated, I stopped there.

But for sure I had a testcase. I will look for it and give you the details.

3) FreeMiNT installs new IKBD handlers, but does not install the extra
vector at offset -4. As a result, keystrokes can't be cleanly
simulated by VNC server, FireTOS USB keyboard support, etc. Again, to
be investigated.

O.k. Who is going to look at that ?

I already quickly looked at that.
I will look again and open a discussion.
IMHO, that should not be too much complicated.

FreeMiNT 1.18 will be the best release ever seen :-)

--
Vincent Rivière