Re: [MiNT] audiodev

Peter Slegg, 31.12.2012 14:39:24:

On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 14:01:38 , "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
Miro Kropá?ek, 31.12.2012 00:25:53:

>> So the actual BIOS implementation depends on the underlying TOS.
>
> Underlying TOS is fine, I test it on real hardware. So it's either
> impossible or I'm missing something obvious.

It works also with MiNT (see audiodev: sys/xdd/audio/).

What does audiodev actually do ?  I have never used it.

Currently it is able to play PCM-samples by e.g. cat <file> >/dev/audio.

But you have to set all parameters before by an app or with actrl.

See also the readme-file.

It won't work on milan, and the current version will crash on aranym.

I've done a lot changes in audiodev so it works on aranym (emulating TimerA with roottimeout), and to play .au and .avr-samples natively. In thing! you can drag a sample onto the device for example and it would play.

Works well on aranym and quite good on real hardware. Still under development.

My aim is to have a unique device for all sound-using programs that manages more users etc.

--
Helmut Karlowski