Re: [MiNT] Country codes

Vincent Rivière, 09.01.2013 16:25:45:

So, I'm not sure what that means then.

This means that I discovered an inconsistency between EmuTOS and FreeMiNT, and I would like to fix it now (whatever the solution is) instead of waiting for the the situation to become worse.

What do the users that are concerned say, i.e. russian, greek, litauian, etc.?

I don't care about the actual number as long as it's unique across systems.

It's true: Previous MiNT-versions wrote 0 into the AKP for a country > 5 when loading a keyboard, language had to be defined in xaaes.cnf, and that number was used in appl_getinfo.

The question now: Should the EmuTOS-convention be used or the MiNT one?

Which one came first?

Once this is solved I'd suggest to implement an ssystem-call to convert from/to a lang-string and a number, so there is at least in MiNT only one definition.

--
Helmut Karlowski