Re: [MiNT] XaAES, TosWin2 closed and wrong active window

On Tue, 2013-02-12 at 11:33 +0100, Helmut Karlowski wrote:

> Maybe it's possible to notice for XaAES that an app has bee actively
> topped by the user (menu or taskmanager, or window-click) in opposition to
> "auto"-topping it when a shell-window has been opened to run a ttp.

And when an application has been topped by the user but via another
application (Taskbar, MyTask etc.)? You can't detect such things.

> Only in the "auto"-case it would be "auto"-untopped. Not sure if this is
> possible, but I guess that would suit your needs? And it would make clwtna
> obsolete for this situation.

This is really a very tiny problem, and I feel that any attempt to "fix"
this by conditionally (un)topping applications based on *assumptions* is
bound to fail in the general case. There will always be use cases and
circumstances that doesn't fit with this logic, with annoying and
unpredictable behaviour as the result. And all this to save one single
click to top the desktop when the last TosWin window is closed
(Vincent's initial use case) ;)

Jo Even