Re: [MiNT] Deleting files

Hi,

On torstai 07 helmikuu 2013, p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk wrote:
> I just ran into this spec:
>
> http://www.ramendik.ru/docs/trashspec.html
>
> It is one feature that we have never really had on TOS/Mint.
> Having the ability to recover files would be very welcome.
>
> Obviously this would need changes to the desktop but this
> shouldn't be insurmountable.
>
> Deleting a file to the waste bin is the same as a move, a file
> copy while deleting the original.

In addition to move, information about file's original
location and deletion data needs to be stored (preferably
according to Trash spec you linked).

Other OSes offer also a possibility to do a permanent removal,
by keeping some modifier key down while invoking the deleting
operation.

> The waste bin icon could just be a link to the trash folder.
>
> Undeleting would require a bit of work.

It's not quite that simple as every partition needs its own trash
folder.

To work like on other OSes, double clicking trash icon would need
to open window listing the contents of all of these trash folders,
or open a virtual folder that has links to all of them.  I think
latter is easier as there needs to be information about how much
the trashed files take space.

Besides recovering selected files, to their former locations, there
needs to be an option to empty trash.

	- Eero