Re: [MiNT] stairs reloaded

On 17/02/2013 20:32, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
In this case a simple

cat <file> > /dev/ttys<n>

where <n> is the serial device-number should show the crnl-translation.

I quickly tried with ARAnyM. Since it does not support the serial port, I used the parallel one instead: /dev/centr

I do not reproduce the LF->CR/LF bug (a.k.a. stairs reloaded) with the parallel port.

However: ARAnyM on Windows has an additional confusing bug.

I used the following configuration in the ARAnyM config file:
[PARALLEL]
Type = file
File = parallel.txt

The problem is that ARAnyM does not open the output file in binary mode, so it defaults to text mode. And ARAnyM on Windows use Cygwin. Depending on the output directory, Cywin enables or not its own LF->CR/LF conversion. You can check with the mount command on Cygwin.

Anyway, this problem can't affect ARAnyM on Linux, or other Atari machines.

I will have to make a FreeMiNT setup for Hatari in order to test the serial port.

BTW, Helmut, on which machine did you encounter the bug? Falcon?

--
Vincent Rivière