Re: [MiNT] stairs reloaded

Vincent Rivière, 25.02.2013 13:04:27:

It's a kludge because CRMOD is 0 and cannot be set externally I guess.

T_CRMOD is 0x0001, so your justification is irrelevant.

It's not - it is a way to control CRMOD from an application. CRMOD is 1 by default, that was my fault in the previous post, and ECHOCTL=0 (which is also 1 by default) sets it 0 in my version.

Please commit the patch in my previous message. Anyway, my original

I won't - because I think it's wrong. It does not even work in BIOS-console.
Alan can do it.

And then mode = T_CRMOD would be better anyway.

Ok, I was not aware of mfp.xdd. I will try that.
I guess that /dev/ttyS1 uses the MFP hardware, while /dev/modem1 uses the BIOS.

ttyS1 is a tty-device and uses tty_write, both use the MFP!

Proper stty implementation may require additional mappings in the MiNTLib
termios, that will be a further task.

I don't think we'll get around this ..

Are stty enhancements in the scope of the 1.18 release?

Lot's of work for sure.

#cat t
ls -l
sleep 1
ls -l
sleep 1
ls -l
#t&

I can't see the connection between the above testcase and either the stairs effect on console or the serial port regression.

That's exactly what should be fixed. Or don't you see any staired output from the above?

But if you're happy with that I don't mind.

Are you sure you don't mix the stairs bug and the TosWin2 child process signal handling bug recently discussed?

Yes. Why should tty-output-mode be related to signals?

--
Helmut Karlowski