Re: [MiNT] XaAES, TosWin2 closed and wrong active window

Eero Tamminen, 12.02.2013 10:34:40:

Although 2) is a less common case, I think it's actually a valid use-case,
regardless of a program.

One may want to set/change some options before opening a window which
contents those options concern.  Good programs allow changing those
options also while the content is already shown, but user might for
some reason want to do that before opening the window.

What reason for example?

This is even worse with programs that show (potentially windowed) dialogs
at startup, which need to be OKed before they open any windows.  Clicking
through a startup dialog shouldn't untop the program...

There are 4 different variants for a dialog in XaAES (I hope I don't mess things up):

1. classic modal system-blocking dialog

2. classic modal application-blocking dialog (same as 1. without wind_update)

3. non-modal windowed dialog using form_do

4. non-modal windowed dialog not using form_do

1.-3. should be identifiable by XaAES, 4. is not. Unfortunately toswin uses 4, at least it does not call form_do.

I think this is important enough use-case that unless it can be solved,
1) should be discarded.

Can be configured.

Next questions are:

* Would it be possible to identify a windowed dialog somehow already?

* If not, would be possible to device a way for GEM library to set some
  flag which tells window contents to be a dialog?

Maybe toswin could be changed accordingly (to use 3.), or a new flag for create/open_window could be introduced.

In case a program does not use method 4., it should be doable.

--
Helmut Karlowski