Re: [MiNT] Preemption in AES

I think it's logical because in this case the screen is locked by wind_update() other application can't draw anything else there will have drawing troubles!

Olivier
Hi,

is there any definition, set of rules when AES (or desktop) is supposed to be blocking no matter what? Because, to my surprise, it seems that XaAES+Teradesk behaves as a blocking process in some cases. Typical example is when I drag mouse on desktop (to create a rectangle).

Doesn't matter if my application does this:

while( true )
{
evnt_multi( wait_250_ms_and_other_events ); // <-- preemption occurs here
... do other stuff ...
}

or this:

while( true )
{
evnt_multi( return_immediately );
usleep(250 ms); // <-- preemption occurs here
... do other stuff ...
}

the application is preempted and never gain control again unless I drop the mouse button. Is this correct / expected behavior?

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org