Re: [MiNT] C++

On Wed, 2013-11-06 at 07:39 +1000, Miro Kropáček wrote:

> I'm not a typical user so don't take my word for it but something as a
> mint.cnf/mint.ini configurator included in the app would be great for
> me. For example, one of the first things I do is always disabling B:
> drive, increasing the TPA limit, enable MMU, increase WB cache, mount
> some other folders (like /home), enable/disable specific device
> drivers ... this kind of stuff.

Well, drive B is always hidden and the MMU is [dis|en]abled from the
boot menu. But I see what you mean. You want a GEM tool to edit mint.cnf
and probably also xaaes.cnf. It's a good idea, but not a trivial
project. The GUI is a brilliant innovation but can not compete with a
simple text-editor when it comes to editing even quite simple
configuration files. And I don't think the problem with mint.cnf is the
actual editing, but to understand what you're doing. A GUI can't help
with that :)

I think xaaes.cnf is better suited for a GUI. It has simple options but
editing can be tedious (e.g. app-specific options).

Jo Even