Re: [MiNT] C++

Am Dienstag, den 05.11.2013, 22:30 +0100 schrieb Jean-François Lemaire:
> On Tuesday 05 November 2013 22:07:09 Matthias Arndt wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, den 06.11.2013, 06:52 +1000 schrieb Miro Kropáček:
>
> > > Just to be clear, I'm not saying shared libs suck but I don't consider
> > > them as something we badly need, there are many other areas where
> > > FreeMiNT could be improved with immediate results (like an user
> > > friendly installer, for instance).
>
> > .. and packages for FAT-only systems with classical Atari hierarchy
> > without Unix structure ;)
>
> Packages containing what? All standard GEM/TOS applications I know of may be
> copied within standard GEMDOS drives. And please describe what is a "classical
> Atari hierarchy" :-)

Tools such as bash, gcc, the Mintnet tooling etc

A classic hierarchy is one where each application resides in its own
subdirectory, no /bin /etc /usr /lib clutter.

Each and every rpm package for Sparemint assumes full unix directories,
that's what I meant. So far I personally have to rip those apart, e.q.
unpack on the PC, rename apps to .ttp/.tos/.prg and copy them to my
Falcon.

On the Atari, not all users desire having a full unix file system.
I use Linux myself on my PC but I don't see the need for the full
infrastructure on my Ataris. Ataris are Ataris, slick, small and error
free without command shells :)

Matthias
--
Matthias Arndt <marndt@asmsoftware.de>