Re: [MiNT] Daily trunk build

On Sun, 08 Dec 2013 14:18:50 , Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:
> On 12/07/13 10:06, latzmaster@gmx.de wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >> Alan Hourihane schrieb:
> >>
> >> I've looked into this, and unfortunately this looks like it's a bug in the
> >> program 'initlog' that's used in the scripts.
> >>
> >> In /etc/init.d/functions you'll see that initlog/INITLOG is used with a -s
> >> parameter which causes the trouble.
> > Ouf, thank you Alan for finding this!! To be honest, i don't "see"
> > anything there ;-)
> > But i'll test your "workaround"!!
> >

> O.k. This is just a workaround. It turns out there are more bugs in the
> kernel.
>
> I've resolved them and running them through some tests. But initlog is
> not at fault.
>
> Alan.

Thanks for looking into this Alan. The cause must be common to the start-up
of all those services but I think FreeMint might be the cause.

I first reported samba performance issues around Oct 2011 and I don't think
init was changed around that time.

Let me know if you want me to test anything.

Regards,

Peter