Re: [MiNT] Window with toolbar and redraw messages

On Sun, 2013-12-01 at 23:04 +0100, Jean-François Lemaire wrote:

> That's exactly what is happening (I'm not concerned about the other AESes, by
> the way). That's why I think a new wind_set() option to ask the AES to always
> send redraw messages (even if the AES does the redrawing itself) might help
> remove this hurdle.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea. You want to draw something by your
own in the middle of a window widget. It sounds like a recipe for a
nasty UI to me :) I can imagine someone clever misusing this feature to
draw their own stuff in the window border and such.

'Handling the dialog yourself sounds like a better solution, then you'll
be in full control. Or let the "work area" be a USERDEF. I don't know if
XaAES is reentrant, but if it is the userdef can simply send yourself a
redraw-message.

Jo Even