Re: [MiNT] Window with toolbar and redraw messages

On Sunday 01 December 2013 22:48:34 Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> Toolbars in XaAES are similar, but the TOUCHEXIT restriction is gone.
> However, redrawing is still handled by the AES itself. Your application
> will never receive redraw-messages for window-widgets, and the toolbar
> is a widget.

That's exactly what is happening (I'm not concerned about the other AESes, by
the way). That's why I think a new wind_set() option to ask the AES to always
send redraw messages (even if the AES does the redrawing itself) might help
remove this hurdle.

> Hmm... Is the problem that some parts of the toolbar/dialog actually
> isn't a toolbar at all but something you draw yourself with the VDI? If
> that's the case then a userdef is the only solution if you want to stick
> with the toolbar.

That's exactly it.

> If you don't want a userdef you must handle the dialog the traditional way.

It's OK. I can live with a userdef. I was curious to know if there was a new
XaAES feature (they aren't particularly well documented...).

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire