Re: [MiNT] Software IDE

On Tue, 2013-12-10 at 11:43 +0000, Mariusz Buras wrote:

> Btw. I wonder who has time to develop for Atari on Atari? I do all my
> development on PC because I couldn't bare to wait minutes for
> something to build.

People who are using other compilers than gcc doesn't have to wait for
minutes. On my Firebee, I can compile a project like AHCC in seconds -
using AHCC. I do all development on Ataris running MiNT. I use my Ataris
for coding 99% of the time. If I switched to a PC for development - why
would I develop for Ataris?

> On 10 December 2013 11:37, <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:

>         Netsurf has been very successful so maybe an IDE could be
>         ported in a
>         similar way ? There are lots of open source IDE tools but are
>         any suited
>         to porting to FreeMint ?

If you want a proper IDE to develop GEM applications on, you can't use
any of the existing ones. You need to create something GEM specific. Or
maybe port GTK or something to GEM and create *huge* applications that
runs very slowly on everything but ARAnyM on a very quick PC.

Jo Even