Re: [MiNT] Software IDE

On 10 December 2013 12:53, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:

> People who are using other compilers than gcc doesn't have to wait for
> minutes.

As always, you are exaggerating. Compiling a module from my own
projects takes a few seconds. Granted, Rebuilding the whole project
takes a few minutes. But how often do you do that? And building the
kernel must take hours -- if not days. But how often do you do that
too? And anyway, aren't nights made for the computers to work for us
:-)

> I do all development on Ataris running MiNT. I use my Ataris
> for coding 99% of the time. If I switched to a PC for development - why
> would I develop for Ataris?

I agree completely. That's why I always insisted on having a proper
GCC version for the FireBee. And that's why hacking at the NetSurf GEM
port is basically impossible for me because I can't do it on my
FireBee.

Cheers,
JFL
--