Re: [MiNT] Software IDE

On Tuesday 10 December 2013 16:21:10 Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-12-10 at 15:13 +0100, J. F. Lemaire wrote:

> "making" a project with only one or very
> few changed files may only take a few seconds. The same takes fractions
> of a seconds with AHCC. I compile very often when programming, after
> adding/changing a few lines.

Me too, and before the native versions of make and gcc it took some getting
used to but now I'm perfectly happy with it. 5 seconds or 5 milliseconds is
the same thing for me.

> > I agree completely. That's why I always insisted on having a proper
> > GCC version for the FireBee. And that's why hacking at the NetSurf GEM
> > port is basically impossible for me because I can't do it on my
> > FireBee.
>
> But now there is a native gcc for the Firebee. Actually I think there
> are two ports.

GCC is just one thing; NetSurf also needs Git, which looks like a huge beast
that I don't see ever being ported to MiNT, since everybody except me cross-
compiles. Well, I guess you can get around Git itself, but NetSurf still
relies on external libraries that are not available -- or outdated.

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire