Re: [MiNT] Samba working

On 12/09/13 23:11, Vincent Rivière wrote:
On 02/12/2013 21:35, Alan Hourihane wrote:
I've committed another couple of fixes to the freemint kernel.

I have rebuilt the latest FreeMiNT 1.19 for the FireBee, with all the drivers: http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/archives/mint/freemint/

It works perfectly :-)

I've uploaded samba 3.6.20 to the gentoo site under net-fs, which is working
great here now.

I have also built samba 3.6.21:
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/archives/mint/samba/

A few patches were required. It works equally well on ARAnyM and on the FireBee. Both smbd and nmbd work fine. I'm able to browse the remote FreeMiNT filesystem from the Windows explorer :-)

However, there is one big problem. In the smbd log file, I quickly get "Too many open files", even after opening 2 or 3 files. Then the Windows explorer can't access files. If I wait a few minutes, it usually works again. Alan, did you encounter that problem, and did you solve it?

Yes, I have some fixes underway for this.

Alan.