Re: [MiNT] Packages upgraded

I am re-building the rpm of the latest version less. It builds
with gcc 4.5.2 installed but what and where is the highest gcc
binary available ?
You can get a pretty recent build at mikro.atari.org -- for all systems.

Are there any other libs I should check for the latest version ?
This is actually a very important thing. It makes no sense (or it's just something I don't like, if you prefer ;-)) to rebuild something which links in an old library, especially from the sparemint archive. So it's always good to build dependencies first and THEN the app you're interested in. Ideally on a clean system.

Also, is it possible to easily configure to build the rpms
for 68020-060 or v4 as well ?
You can make three (two, if firebee is not needed) partitions with cpu-specific gcc+binutils and then just change the 'sln' line for '/usr' in mint.cnf -- in that way, everything will work totally transparently. Or maybe you can put everything on one partition and make something as

sln e:/m68000/usr      u:/usr

and

sln e:/m68020-60/usr      u:/usr

for the other cpu (and reboot, of course).

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org