Re: [MiNT] XaAES tempering with XBIOS resolution

On Thu, 2014-01-30 at 09:04 +0100, Peter Persson wrote:

> That's the thing - it could be. If someone writes a utility which
> provides this resolution as a virtual screen for example, the AES
> shouldn't ruin that. And in the current XaAES implementation, the user
> can still provide illegal modecodes and get bad output anyway. So
> these lines just mess things up and force people to use ugly

It could, but it isn't ;) But I agree, it's not the AES' responsibility
to validate the screenmode.

>  workarounds. Details about low level video is the responsibility of
> the XBIOS, not the AES.

It should be, but it's explicitly stated that Vsetmode doesn't validate
the screenmode. Instead, I think that the screenmode should be validated
by the screenmode selector.

Jo Even