Re: [MiNT] TAS in GFA Linker

Hi

Le 06/09/2014 05:43, Lonny Pursell a écrit :
on 9/5/14, 5:01 PM, Vincent Rivière wrote:

On 05/09/2014 22:25, Lonny Pursell a wrote:
This is a very interesting discussion about the TAS instruction. The GFA
Linker which is an extremely small program acts very strange on the FireBee.
I had no luck solving it the past several months. Now I find two TAS
instruction in there. Do you suppose this is the source of the mysterious
problems? Sometimes it works, sometimes not, much like a cache issue.
Sure! TAS can't work on the FireBee, it has random behavior due to the
copy-back data cache.

That should fix your problem.
Initial tests seem to indicate a stable linker now. \o/
Pierre will do more testing, but I think its solved.
Cheers!

As advised by Lonny, I compared the binaries of the linked gfa applications (DGEM, Troll, Meg and Litchi): except for 1 or contiguous 2 bytes which seem to be a timestamp, there is no difference. The binaries produced by the patched linker are OK.

And this patched linker never fails. All good. Thank you guys, this is great!

Best regards

Pierre