Re: [MiNT] Problem with MintNet under 1-19-cur?

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 10:37 AM, Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:
If dhclient works to get an IP address, then I suspect your routing table.

You were partially right.

There are two problems:

1. A commit from Helmut:
2013-02-03 Sunday 13:10  hek

	* sys/init.c:

	set cwd to sysdir for modules
which sets default directory to $SYSDIR for all modules (incl. XIFs). This broke Fopen("svethlan.inf",0) code in the Svethlana driver which expected to load the inf file from the boot drive and failed.
2. Default MAC address for both Svethlana and Ethernat: 01:02:03:04:05:06. This MAC address causes headaches to my router and perhaps to Darren's as well, i.e. it doesn't work.
Since I don't have source code from Svethlana, I can only read ethernat.c:

if((ferror = Fopen("ethernat.inf",0)) < 0) { /* Try first in sysdir */
short sysdrv = *((short *) 0x446);      /* get the boot drive number */
char ethernat_inf[] = "A:\\ETHERNAT.INF";
ethernat_inf[0] = sysdrv;

ferror = Fopen(ethernat_inf,0);/* otherwise in boot drive's root */
}

according to this, it should read ethernat.inf from the boot drive but according to Darren's report it seems it doesn't? Darren, can you take a look what MAC address your Ethernat uses (it's printed on the screen while booting).

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org