[Freemint-list] Headless MiNT on M5484LITE

Vincent Rivière vincent.riviere at freesbee.fr
Fri Sep 16 20:34:31 MSD 2016

On 16/09/2016 17:38, Mark Duckworth wrote:
> The FEC driver doesn't have the DMA handler which is provided either
> by FireTOS or BaS which means the BaS version has to be directly
> flashed.

Yes, you need to flash the BaS on the M5484LITE to get the first part of
the DMA API. Then you need to put Markus's TSR in the AUTO folder to
install the cookie, before FreeMiNT.

Then FreeMiNT's FEC driver is supposed to work on the M5484LITE with BaS
+ EmuTOS + FreeMiNT.

It is a shame, but I can't remember if that actually worked on my setup!
I focused on FreeMiNT for Amiga, I still have a few minor things to
check and finish. The M5484LITE was next on my list.

It's incredible, but I can't remember if I managed to run OpenSSH or not
on the M5484LITE.

> Keyboard I/O may work properly with the BaS, I do see from emutos
> posts that it is supposed to work.

Yes, but currently there are restrictions, because the remote terminal
simulates ASCII chars, not scancodes.

To use the keyboard in the terminal with FreeMiNT on the M5484LITE, you
need to use one of the following options:

1) Use a PS/2 keyboard and Eiffel adapter on CAN bus. It works out of
the box with official mintv4e.prg.

2) Compile mintv4e.prg with KERNELDEFS = -DNO_AKP_KEYBOARD

After that, you can use the keyboard in FreeMiNT for the M5484LITE, just
as with EmuTOS.

--
Vincent Rivière