[Freemint-list] Interesting github project / ressurection

Ryan Daum ryan.daum at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 15:56:36 MSK 2017

I might be willing to pitch in on that, though I'm more interested in the
AES than the VDI. I had ovdisys ported to work to a cairo driven back end.
But in the end I had too many issues with cairo on the OS X platform I was
working on at the time, and began to work on a raw Xlib backend instead (I
flirted with SDL/OpenGL as well but OpenGL sucks for multithreaded
applications).  But ovdisys was not really complete enough either and
things like font support were awkward. Also I was refactoring o*sys into
C++ as I went, as I can't really stand working in ANSI C anymore and prefer
a subset of C++.

In any case in the process I realized how much I hated the VDI.

Ryan