[Freemint-list] fVDI driver for Amiga + Vampire V2: SAGA.SYS

Jo Even Skarstein joska at online.no
Sun Feb 26 15:50:06 MSK 2017

On sø., 2017-02-26 at 13:03 +0100, Vincent Rivière wrote:
> > The only thing missing now is memory protection.
>
> It might be possible on A1200 (?) / A4000. I have no idea if that would be
> easy. Probably yes, as, if I understand correctly, it already works on

Not sure if it would be possible on a plain A1200. But it should be
possible with the Vampire, right?

> Milan. But as it is an optional feature, and as there are many other things

Memory protection works on all hardware with MMU that MiNT currently
runs on, with the exception of the Firebee. And that's exactly why I
never use my Firebee anymore, but my considerably less powerful
Falcon/AB and Milan.

> > Just have to make an IKBD adapter for it. Does anybody know if the Amiga
> > serial port can be set to 7812 baud?
>
> http://amigadev.elowar.com/read/ADCD_2.1/Hardware_Manual_guide/node01A1.html
>
> Writing a value of 453 to SERPER register should do the trick.
> IF you take out the soldering iron, I may try that ;-)

All you need is a TTL<->RS232 interface, which I already have. So if you
want to support IKBD devices on the serial port in EmuTOS I can test it
any time :)

Would be very useful for other targets than the Amiga too, like ARAnyM.
Then you could easily use real keyboards on ARAnyM on a dedicated RPi 3
if you like these sort of things.

> But would you believe that the 68040 FreeMiNT setup I have on my
> CompactFlash card, containing only official binaries, works equally well
> with ARAnyM / WinUAE / Vampire? I just need to enable the right driver in
> the FVDI.SYS config file ;-)
>
> So if you want to see nice screenshots of Vampire, you can prepare an ARAnyM
> setup for me. People will enjoy.

If you send me an image of your CF-card I can add some eyecandy to it,
no problem. It should work on my Falcon/AB right out of the box, I only
need to add the ATI Rage driver.

Jo Even