[Freemint-list] fVDI driver for Amiga + Vampire V2: SAGA.SYS

Vincent Rivière vincent.riviere at freesbee.fr
Sun Feb 26 17:16:51 MSK 2017

On 26/02/2017 à 13:50, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> But it should be possible with the Vampire, right?

The Apollo 68080 has no 680x0-compatible MMU. It might have something
similar in the future, but not compatible with existing software. So one
would need to write special support in FreeMiNT. Maybe not complicated, I
don't know, but nothing immediate.

While we are at it, the Apollo 68080 has currently no FPU. It will have a
compatible one, it is almost ready, but it is not released yet.
So currently, programs compiled with GCC and -m68020-60 don't run on Apollo
68080. They stop at the FPU check in MiNTLib's startup code, even if they
don't use the FPU at all (and 99% of them don't).

> All you need is a TTL<->RS232 interface, which I already have. So if you
> want to support IKBD devices on the serial port in EmuTOS I can test it
> any time :)

This is exactly the kind of things I like :-)
As I already have an Amiga 500+ and an Eiffel adapter, I would just need
that TTL<->RS232 interface and correct connectors. I have no idea about such
hardware, but if it is not overpriced I would be ready to build such adapter.

> Would be very useful for other targets than the Amiga too, like ARAnyM.
> Then you could easily use real keyboards on ARAnyM on a dedicated RPi 3
> if you like these sort of things.

Exactly. Very nice.

> If you send me an image of your CF-card I can add some eyecandy to it, no
> problem.

There is nothing special on it.

However, if you really want to do something useful, you could write a HOWTO
on the new FreeMiNT wiki :-)

--
Vincent Rivière