[Freemint-list] RPM packages

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 02:37:14 MSK 2017

Of course! :-) https://freemint.github.io/sparemint/sparemint/ (there's a
link in the main site, https://freemint.github.io, too)

> Or, even better, make
> it somehow possible to automatically rebuild those packages using travis?

Now that's a completely different matter. There are several problems:

   - RPM is in general not very cross compiler friendly (at least the older
   versions)
   - the packages are built with an ancient gcc (2.95) so you'd need to
   either:
      - import this gcc to travis, incl. all ancient dependencies (not
      impossible but most likely you'd need to rebuild whole gcc)
      - fix compilation errors on newer (4.6.4) gcc, this is what Mark had
      been working on some time ago
   - the packages are so old that it's perhaps not worth the effort (on the
   other hand, they are tested and often specifically patched for FreeMiNT)

As you see, a messy state of things. I'm personally not a huge fan of
reusing those RPMs for anything but if anyone comes with an initiative (and
results), I'll gladly help with github/travis integration.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org