[Freemint-list] FreeMiNT continuous integration

Jo Even Skarstein joska at online.no
Tue Apr 18 00:09:03 MSD 2017

On fr., 2017-04-14 at 01:08 +1000, Miro Kropáček wrote:

> So how did I do that:
>       * got rid of the vague "-cur" suffix and replaced it with first
>         three digits of git revision so you're going to get unique
>         $SYSDIR for each build you'd like to test (ok, in theory there
>         could be a conflict but I don't expect that anyone would have
>         100 1-19-xxx folders in C:\mint)

Nice mikro! This means that I can simplify my VanillaMiNT build-script
significantly.

>       * utilised mintloader.prg to the max -- so not only $SYSDIR but
>         your AUTO too would always contain unique MINT-xxx.PRG

One thing - having a new folder name every time you try out a new build
means you have to edit all references to $SYSDIR in your mint.cnf. Some
time in the future I'd like to be able to use the $SYSDIR (and other)
variable directly in mint.cnf, making mint.cnf totally position
independent.

>       * utilised my ancient (and seemingly useless) patch for MCHDIR
>         -- now the builds aren't divided by CPU but by machine, i.e.
>         when you run MINT-xxx.PRG, you can be pretty sure no "foreign"
>         kernel modules are going to load

Good! Very useful for the CT60.

One thing I noticed is that there's still long filenames in the archive.
IMO that should be avoided for all stuff that's intended for a boot
partition.

Jo Even