[Freemint-list] FreeMiNT continuous integration

Jo Even Skarstein joska at online.no
Wed May 3 17:06:16 MSD 2017

Den 03.05.2017 04:52, skrev Miro Kropáček:

>> Something which is not new, but is really hugly, is Mint printing
>> the shutdown sequence directly on the AES background. If it can't be
>> avoided, at least can't we wipe the screen to white.
>
> I think this could be solved via TosWin2. But I agree, it's not very
> helpful, also with higher debug levels screen shouldn't be abused.

This is normal stdout output. Where should it go if not to the screen?
Remember, XaAES will be shut down early in the shutdown process, so
there is no AES console to catch this output.

It would look a lot cleaner (and also easier to read!) if XaAES could
clear the screen upon exit. However, that would clear any output between
the console app shutdown and the shutdown of XaAES itself.

However, there is no doubt that there's a lot of superfluous output from
MiNT during shutdown, especially with low debug levels. This could be
reduced to a minimum. In normal cases I only need to know that shutdown
was successful.

Jo Even