[Freemint-list] FreeMiNT continuous integration

Jo Even Skarstein joska at online.no
Thu May 4 10:57:41 MSD 2017

On on., 2017-05-03 at 23:14 -0300, Philippe Noble wrote:

> > However, there is no doubt that there's a lot of superfluous output from
> > MiNT during shutdown, especially with low debug levels. This could be
> > reduced to a minimum. In normal cases I only need to know that shutdown
> > was successful.
>
> I know that these message may be useful for development, but from a user point of view they are not.
> An option to not print these messages on screen at shut down will be good. A kind of "silent" mode will be perfect.

We already have this feature - debug level :) The problem here is that
the shutdown procedure does not respect debug level but output what's
IMO is debug information regardless.

IMO the only thing the user needs to be informed of with debug level 0
is that shutdown is successfully completed. Or actual error messages in
case of errors.

> Suprisingly, under Aranym theses shutdown message never appears.

It is not surprising at all. fVDI does not have a console, so anything
outputted to the console goes nowhere (well, not really. It goes to the
Videl screen which is invisible on ARAnyM when fVDI is running). If you
use Videl mode you'll see that MiNT behaves exactly like on a real
computer.

Jo Even