MiNT 1.05 and Minixfs

Hello again,

A bit more information on some problems that I saw with V1.0X and the Minix
file system. First here is my hardware config,

	TT030 4ST + 16TT
	1 Quantum lp105    (17M TOS, 25M TOS, 63M Minix) SCSI#0 on TT-SCSI bus.
	1 Syquest 5510     (63M Minix, 25M TOS)          SCSI#1 on TT-SCSI bus.
	1 Insite Floptical (21M TOS)                     SCSI#4 on TT-SCSI bus.

I built Mint 1.05, and booted with minix.xfs (0.55), and partition E (63M on
the Quantum) was not recognized. A relogging of the connected HD's with the
ADSCI control panel [from ICD] solves the problem. Now this problem goes away
if I use the alpha version of minix.xfs (0.60 PL2), but another interesting
problem pops up. With the new minix.xfs all HD behavior is as expected and
read/write's to the partition work as expected. The only problem is when I
launch a copy of Emacs (18.59) [this is a port that I did for MiNT and did not
yet get out the door] I get a bus error at the tail end of the emacs
load+execute cycle. This is odd since all other programs [bash included] have
no problem running with the new minix.xfs file system installed?

So for now I am back using v0.55 of minix.xfs and relogging the HD's at boot
time for I cannot live without emacs? Any ideas as to what can be causing this
behavior.

Yesterday I reported this in much less detail and also mention some problems
with messages of the form [data on drive E: may be damaged]. this problem went
away when I rebuilt MiNT 1.05 without "-O2 -fomit-frame-pointer" and just
"-O". It seems that GCC [in general, not just the atari port] for the 68K has
some problems with "-O2 -fomit-frame-pointer", I have seen this problem when
compiling other programs before.

Cheers,
Scott.