Re: termios, /dev/aux

  Hi all,

  yesterday I played around with ZModem source code (version 3.23 from
  5-03-93). I've started a termios header files and the support functions
  (mostly dummies for now).

  HOWEVER: sz tries to open /dev/tty. Question #1: I would say that for us,
  this should be /dev/aux, ok? open() calls unx2dos, which translates that
  to AUX:. Then, it tries a call to Fattrib(), which of course fails.
  -> I can't open() "AUX:". I guess that this is a bug :-)

Hm. Previous versions of zmodem just checked if stdin and stdout isatty().
That let you run zmodem both during a dial-up terminal session, and from
a local session directed to anywhere else. I think this is the correct &
most desirable behavior... I've been hacking up Bammi's old Zmodem sources
along these lines, to eliminate the distinction between the "STANDALONE" and
"REMOTE" versions. Zmodem shouldn't mess with tty speeds, parity, or
whatever, it should just set cooked or raw mode on file descriptor 1 as
needed. Some other program should have done the real conditioning of the
line already.

(My opinions only, obviously...)
  -- Howard