Re: Those dreaded ^M

|> I'm getting increasingly annoyed with the fact that MiNT keeps
|> putting ^M into my files. It is ok that distributions such as MiNT
|> itself is in the standard atari format, [...]

It's not MiNT that puts in these ^M but the (GNU/MiNT) library. You
should include 'b' in the UNIXMODE environment variable. Then the
library implicitly assumes all fopen()'s are in binary mode unless
explicitly overridden. It's easiest to put a line like this in
mint.cnf:

setenv UNIXMODE /brU

This means:
- / is converted to \ in filenames
- fopen()'s are binary by default
- the root device is U:, e.g /etc/termcap is converted to
U:\etc\termcap

Btw. the standard atari format *is* CRLF.

Andreas Schwab                                  "And now for something
schwab@ls5.informatik.uni-dortmund.de            completely different"