Re: Those dreaded ^M

> From: Andreas Schwab <schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de>
>
> It's not MiNT that puts in these ^M but the (GNU/MiNT) library. You
> should include 'b' in the UNIXMODE environment variable. Then the
> library implicitly assumes all fopen()'s are in binary mode unless
> explicitly overridden. It's easiest to put a line like this in
> mint.cnf:
>
> setenv UNIXMODE /brU

Oh, I thought the MiNT libs wasn't really using UNIXMODE anymore. Seeing the
avaiable tty modes (crmod etc.), I simply assumed that the tty system was
completely in charge (I should off course have mentioned that I use kernel 1.08
and libs 34, not that it seem to matter).

I just now discovered that tty raw mode seems to do something similar, but then
sh breaks into small pieces, since this turns *all* character interpretation
off, and sh being what it is, just wont notice.

So it seems like I have to set the UNIXMODE variable, though I do NOT want to
include /. The kernel and minixfs should take care of filename translation.

> Btw. the standard atari format *is* CRLF.

I know, I just don't care about it, as I primarily uses unix stuff such as
emacs and gcc and tcsh.

But thanks for the clarification.

Christian Lynbech               | Hit the philistines three times over the
office: R0.32   phone: 5034	| head with the Elisp reference manual.
email: lynbech@daimi.aau.dk	|        - petonic@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)