Re: nlist() and MiNT itself.

>hmm am i the only one left here? ;)

Well.. I'm still here, at least until the end of the week.

>Stephen Usher writes:
>
>> It would be nice if we could use nlist() to look into the kernel though, it
>> should help to get a proper ps etc. working.
>>
>> It's facinating what you find when you read /proc/MiNT.000.. it's a pity
>> it's not MiNT itself!
>
> well its more or less /dev/mem...  i guess this is because currently all
>processes and the kernel are still always running in one address space.
>would ioctl PROCADDR (address of proc struct) help?

Possibly.

> cheers
>	Juergen
>--
>J"urgen Lock / nox@jelal.north.de / UUCP: ..!uunet!unido!uniol!jelal!nox
>								...ohne Gewehr
>PGP public key fingerprint =  8A 18 58 54 03 7B FC 12  1F 8B 63 C7 19 27 CF DA

Maybe it would be a good idea for the next release of MiNT, making
/proc/MiNT.000 be JUST the kernel address area. I'm sure it wouldn't be too
difficult.. I'll look into it, sometime.. when I've finished playing Elite
II on my TT :-)

Steve

Computer Systems Administrator, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Oxford University.
E-Mail: steve@uk.ac.ox.earth (JANET) steve@earth.ox.ac.uk (Internet).
Tel:- Oxford (0865) 282110 (UK) or +44 865 282110 (International).