Re: [MINTOS] compiler switch (was: Re: MiNT goes UNiX, ...)

> Since the whole point of the mint library is to provide a UNIX-like
> environment, the __MINT__ flag should be interpreted as "MiNT running
> on a UNIX-like system", e.g. you shouldn't mangle pathnames and so on.

It depends on whether this is generally perceived as the true purpose
of MiNT and/or the library.

Some people may think of MiNT as providing a general multiprocess
TOS/GEMDOS extension, rather as an UNIX-like OS. I'm not sure how easy
it is to separate the mintlib from such perceptions, as the mintlib is
*the* way for C programmers to interact with MiNT.

> If you want to make it possible for people to compile your code in
> such a way that it works on plain TOSFS, I'd reccommend the following:
>
> #ifdef __atarist__
> #ifndef __MINT__
> #define TOSFS
> #endif
> #endif

I think this is a brilliant solution, provided that we can get
everyone to agree on this interpretation of __MINT__. Actually it
probably is no problem at all. Most people interesting in porting
software seems to be us UNIX freaks anyway.