Re: MiNT goes UNiX, invitation for mailing list (MINTOS)

What you wrote:

> walra%moacs11@relay.NL.net (Waldi Ravens) writes:
>
> |> Today I looked at a few socalled ports, and noticed that the atari switch
> |> was mainly used to:
> [...]
> |> 2. compromise to the Gemdos filesystem limitations
> |>    not necessary for the minix fs, and theoretically there could be a
> |>    gemdos.xfs to overcome the gemdos fs limitations
>
> In fact, i have written such a thing, based on _unx2dos in the
> GNUlibs.  I have once planned to distribute it, but since we have
> MinixFS, there is no need any more, i think.  Anyway, i'm still using
> it as a replacement for tosfs in MiNT.

Does this emulate the Minix fs under a TOS filesystem?  That'd be great!
Is it as compatible as the minixfs (ie, it gives unique 8.3 filenames to
brain-dead programs so you can still access your files)?

I still wish someone would put together a complete UUCP package (all the
stuff you need, sample config files, a mail reader, a newsreader, etc)
that would work well under MiNT... then I could convert almost all of my
system over to the minix fs and run under MiNT almost all the time...
except when I was doing C++ programming (4M isn't enough! ARGH! Someone
send me a TT!).

--
Chris Herborth        \`o.0'                   herborth@53iss6.Waterloo.NCR.COM